M A N I F E S T O
– affirmation and protection of copyright and freedom of creativity of artists and their communities is the basis for the establishment of the Olympics of Culture
– the Olympics of Culture is a real, and not exclusively virtual meeting of cultures and civilizations, because artists give meaning to life, sustainable development and respect for created and new works of art
– works of art are both material and cultural and spiritual heritage that form signs, languages and letters for a reasonable reading of the past, present and future of man’s natural space
– the space-time in which artists create is special and enables multiple connections between cultural and civilizational values and their meanings valuable to humanity
– the unique planetary experience that the world goes through obliges, here and now, to find and establish humane relationships and solidarity with the knowledge that it is inconceivable without artists and art
– confronted with the reality of isolation, real borders/walls and restrictions caused by wars, violence and conflict, disease, as well as the absence of audience and art criticism and the public, artists use new technologies and innovations and seek necessary answers to dramatic challenges and, more than ever, do not give up their mission, their freedom of creation to which they are committed as well as the real, living, and not just virtual, connection with the community and the environment.
– confirms that the exercise of the right to culture is an inalienable right of every human being, as the right to life, freedom and peace, health and education, work and movement, and the choice of place of life and association.
– testifies to their creative works and messages to the world that, in all circumstances, contribute to mutual understanding and survival of cultures and civilizations and that they deserve essential, influential positions in every society as inspirers of key and productive changes and guarantors of memory and openness of every society and humanity. not patrons who commission and decide on the artist’s work.
– the Manifesto of the First Online Olympics of Culture Sarajevo 2021 invites artists of the world to confirm their right to freedom of creation and speech with their participation in the next Olympics of Culture and Civilizations and thus give personal support to the rights and freedoms of every human being.
– the Manifesto establishes the Olympics of Cultures and Civilizations as a permanent ceremony of artists from around the world, which will be held every year from May 9 to 19.
– the Manifesto commits them to work together to change the position, place, and role of artists and art in the world, aware of their responsibilities and the opportunities they possess as free citizens.
Participants: Midhat Ajanović, Trine Bumiller, Bedri Baykam, Janis Brenner, Ismet Berbić, Eric Breton, Tatjana Burzanović, Christoforos Christofis, Jasna Đurović, Daoud Sarhandi, Costas Evangelatos, Adis Elias Fejzić, Vanja Gabrić, Chinmoy Guha, Park Byoung, Kemal Hromić, Senka Ibrišimbegović, Andreas Kalakallas, Agathe Leimoni, Iris Lefa, Nora Lefa, Diego Marín, Mariva Zacharof, Borko Milojković, Thanasis Moutsopoulos, Sissy Papathanassiou, Prathibha Prahlad, Ivan Perković, Carolina Rouranos, George Rivera , George Staikos, Triantafyllos Vaitsis, George Velsos and Ibrahim Spahić.
Signatory institutions / ARGONAUTI,IAA MEDITERRANEAN CITIZENS’ ASSEMBLY FOUNDATION (FACM), NEW DELHI FESTIVAL, EFA, BJCEM, GPDNet, NINE DRAGON HEADS, SARAJEVO WINTER FESTIVAL, INTERNATIONAL PEACE CENTER, ANALOGIO FESTIVAL, ARS AEVI AND OLYMPIC MUSEUM SARAJEVO. The official Facebook page of the First Online Olympics of Culture Sarajevo 2021 is the Sarajevo Winter Festival Sarajevska zima.